At BB divers we have build a solid reputation in professional dive training, since the first years we have trained many dive masters and instructors, who are now working around the world and proud to be a BB dive professional! We have built an outstanding reputation based on thorough training, knowledge and dive education, whilst at the same time ensuring an unforgettable experience and lots of dive fun.
Are you ready to become a dive pro, we can start your training from any level. If you have never dived before but are ready for an experience of a lifetime, you might be interested in our ten week package for nondivers training all the way up to dive master.
Divemaster training DMT
We recommend training for 3 to 6 weeks, the trainee will have a minimum of 60 dives by the end of the training and a minimum of 40 before starting the DM training. All required dives to finish are included in the DMT as are the necessary swimming pool sessions. The DMT trains as a dive guide, and as an assistant to the instructor. All your time spent here is training, experience, some work of course and lots of fun….. Self study is needed before the theory sessions, but we do teach all the theory needed for the exams, physiology, physics, the RDP, dive theory and equipment. There are 2 exams, passing score is 75%.
If you are not a diver yet we offer a "full package" from nondiver to divemaster, including all training, padi materials, dive equipment,...
Minimum requirements to start the DMT
- Min. required logged dives 40 to start the training
- Min. level rescue diver or equivalent
- Emergency First Response (EFR) or other recognized first aid training within the last year
- Medical statement of good health for diving
What do you need?
- Dive equipment:
Every DMT should have a full set of dive equipment. If you still have to buy equipment, feel free to e-mail for detailed prices. We also sell secondhand equipment, or it is possible to rent equipment. Needed is BCD, regulator set, suit, fins, mask, snorkel, compass, computer, knife and dive torch.
The dmt pack has different prices and contents depending language and origin (eg asian package are not the same as European packages). Please email us to get the latest pricing for the dmt package in your language, it will be around 10.000 Bht for the basic pack.
- All training in classroom, pool and from boat from a PADI instructor.
- All dives needed to get to the min. of 60, most dmt end up with about 100 dives.
- Free use of pool for individual training
- Food and drinks on the boat
- Cheap dives before and after training
Go pro, continuing….. Become a dive instructor and change your life
Go Pro, continuing….. Become a Padi Open Water Scuba Instructor and start a new life
The Padi instructor training or PADI IDC is one of the most intense courses you’ll ever take. For this reason it is quite important to choose an IDC center that you can trust, where you will feel comfortable and at home. At BB Divers we will give you a great training with a thorough preparation, but not forgetting the fun on the way. Our learning environment is very relaxed, it is what you expect of Thailand, the lifestyle of this great country, but with training up to international standards. We will be focusing on your strengths and reinforce the areas that are necessary to develop your own identity and style as a dive professional. At BB Divers, we wish to create dive instructors who will immediately be active and not just being successful at the Padi IE (instructor exam). Therefore, we initiated in 2017 a partnership with Your-IDC, a union of passionate Padi Course Directors with years of experience developing dive professionals all over the world. [www.your-idc.com]
Basic program for the IDC
At BB Divers, we are exclusively teaching the Revised Padi IDC curriculum which has been launched worldwide in the 4th quarter of 2019. You will start your IDC with a state-of-the-art E-learning program which can be accessed on your preferred mobile device, off- or online. It includes a dive theory segment which will allow you to cover this study completely before the start of the IDC, thus leaving us more time for practical training.
The IDC will be focused on interesting classroom presentations, dry and wet workshops, as well as water skill sessions and your teaching presentations in the classroom, confined and open water.
An IDC is usually structured as follows:
· Warm-up: to launch everything, review some eventual topics, check paperwork (2 days).
· IDC+ EFRI: the core of your Instructor Development Course (12 days) combined with the Emergency First Response Instructor course (2 days).
· Instructor Exam: Organised by Padi (2 days).
· Master Scuba Diver Trainer preparation/Padi Instructor Specialties (4days).
· PADI Divemaster (or equivalent)
· 18 years old
· Medical clearance for dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months, and have had no medical condition changes.
· Certified diver for at least six months.
· Completed the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course within the last 24 months.
· If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course
· diver rescue skills assessment.
· Documentation of any non PADI qualifying entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level certifications* as required.
The EFR instructor training is available throughout the year for all dive masters, Assistant instructors or instructors who want to become an EFR instructor. We train in CPR and EFR teaching, with adult, child mannequin and a defibrillator trainer. The EFRI training takes 1 to 2 days*.
To enroll in an Emergency First Response Instructor Course, an individual must:
- Have completed a sanctioned course in adult and child/infant CPR within the past 24 months
- Have completed a sanctioned course in basic ﬁrst aid within the past 24 months
- 18 years of age